The Equinox 660 utilizes the latest LED technology available from Samsung to deliver an impressive 1057μmol/s. Drawing only 320 watts this light offers a 52% energy reduction when replacing a 600W HPS light. Trichome production is increased by 10% - 15%. Cooling costs are reduced by over half. Expect 90,000 hours (20 years @ 12hrs/ day) of use with less than 10% light depreciation. Proudly manufactured in Canada this light is backed by a 5-year warranty. The rugged workhorse design makes this fixture the obvious choice for growers seeking a high production and low energy lighting solution.
The diodes utilized in the EQUINOX 660 are Samsung Series F, Gen 3 with a Mean Well power supply. The EQ660 is similar to other LED Panel style lights currently available but with several distinct differences:
- The Equinox 1000 is ETL Certified - Many commercial LED fixtures have no safety certification - especially those coming directly from China. Fines for selling non-certified electrical devices in Canadian can range up to $500,000. This is enforced by the Electrical Safety Association.
- The Equinox 1000 has a convenient manual dimming knob so the light output can be lowered, saving energy for younger plants.
- The Equinox 1000 is the only LED on the market to have built-in thermal management. This means, if the fixture reaches 60°C the light will automatically dim so that the temperature never surpasses that threshold. LEDs begin to depreciate at 70°C taking years off the lifespan of the diodes. This is the main reason we can offer a 5 year full-replacement warranty, because we control the thermal threat.
- The heatsink is the mounting plate made of 6061 grade aluminum. It is durable and has excellent heat sinking properties. With proper air circulation within the grow area the plates are warm to the touch but will not injure. This was part of the safety certification requirements.
- The Equinox 1000 contains a proprietary circuit board designed by one of I:F Lighting’s co-founders. As an electrical engineer, he realized individual power management to each LED strip was essential to prevent the LEDs from failing over time; another reason we can offer such a confident warranty.